Thursday, 29 November 2012

swiss inspired...


So here's the thing... for a while now I have had a thing for swiss crosses. I cannot seem to get enough and have found little hits of swiss are gradually making their way into each room in our house. I'm not the only one loving the swiss, and to prove that point I've collected a few images for you to ponder:


swiss for your pillows, via salvage dior



swiss for your crap, via houzz

swiss for your drugs: by thomas ericksson for cappellini

swiss for your furniture, via tattered tiques
more swiss for your furniture, via miss mustard seed
here are some of my takes on swiss:
  •  french provincial painted white and distressed. Grey cross and painted hardware to match... this guy sold after 1 day in the Old Strathcona Antique Mall.
 


 

  •  I painted this little side table in a pale blue and couldn't resist adding a white cross to the top, then I lightly distressed the whole thing (I can't help myself - I'm a sanding addict)
  • I painted the chair using this technique from salvage dior - it is a pretty fun way to paint, I must say, I did change it a bit and used a blend of dark and light greys - for a little drama
  • the styling is not the best, it was a rush job before these went out the door and yes, we are still low on staging grounds - hopefully that will change soon!
  • both the chair and the side table pictured below are available at my booth (105) at the Rocky Mountain Antique Mall


 

  • I've also used crosses on my pillows in our living room, you can read about them by clicking the link below
link to post


 So what about you? What do you think of swiss crosses??? Am I crazy?

Linking to:

5 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

LOVE IT!!! Congrats on the fast sale:) I have a little table just like this one...maybe I should copy you:)

Blessings,
Linda

Kathryn said...

Love your end tables and the color combo that you chose! Great job!

Kathryn

Laura from Top This Top That said...

love your little table!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

great inspiration pictures and great table! the gray and white are perfect!

Victoria Snable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...